Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Call: Guelph booking opportunities for VJs

Hello strangers, my name is Ricky, I deejay under the name Ricky Bionix
and host a residency in Guelph every Thursday night which I have just
recently moved from the Albion Hotel to a new venue called the
Salsateria. Amongst other changes that go hand in hand with the move is
that I would like to place greater emphasis on artist involvement and
visual atmosphere. I've had a local video artist, Scott McGovern of Ed
Video mixing video live at the event before and will have a Toronto
artist visiting on the 8th to project his time lapse photography (he
will also be playing a dj set earlier in the night). This idea is still
defining itself and so I am open to suggestions and various ways of
going about things.

This post is a call out to visual artists, mostly in the realm of
projection, although I am open to other ideas. I would like to book
artists to show their stuff at this weekly event. Pay will not be
phenomenal (yeah, it's tough for everyone), but we'll get you here and
back and you'll have an opportunity to share your work.

If interested, please email me at daydream.nation.music
[at]gmail[dot]com letting me know who you are, what you do (links are
great), and what sort of compensation you would expect.

Hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to pass this along to friends who
might be interested.


~*ricky

DAYDREAM NATION new & used music
37 Macdonell street, Guelph ON N1H 2Z4
Canada (519)824-4148

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home